LVAD... Left Ventricular Assist Device

THIS BLOG POWERED BY THE THORATEC HEARTMATE II LVAD:















PARTIAL HEART PUMP = LEFT VENTRICULAR ASSIST DEVICE = LVAD = THE HEARTMATE II



THE LVAD ALLOWED ME to go HOME and conquer my normal and newest tasks once again.



Thank you Columbia-Presbyterian... Dr Naka and his Surgery Team, LVAD Nation, Dr Bijou & Dr Bonoan, Dr Mascitelli and Dr Shulman-Marcus!!!



AND TO THE SCORES OF PHYSICIANS, NURSES, PROFESSIONALS AND PEOPLE THAT PUSHED ME ALONG THE WAY... FORWARD.



Thank You God For I Am Blessed!







If I Was An LVAD-NASCAR Race CAR

If I Was An LVAD-NASCAR Race CAR
I would look like this :-)

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY LVAD DAILY NEWS AND INFO FEED

05 May 2017



The Pearl of Club Presby aka Columbia Presbyterian Hospital

As I mentioned in a 2012 post, there is a person who offers unconditional support, motivation, care, understanding and love through her passion and professionalism. 

The "what" in Pearl is the title she holds under the employ of Club Presby, the "who" in Pearl is what allows her to be all the adjectives (and more) I've listed in the paragraph above. However, more importantly  I have put her on the same level as a nurturing doctor for the most important aspect of One's life, the spirit and or soul!  

Pearl's bedside manner is not frilled with honky dory soft-love. Her bedside manner is a strong hard-love, based on reality that one must work hard, not feel sorry for themselves and achieve your goals without giving up.

Throughout the 7.5 years that I've been coming to club Presby I have closely observed the activity of the LVAD floor... nurses tending to their patients... documenting their work... the techs filling the gaps of the busy day and night shifts.  I see Pearl's colleagues taking precious care of the patients rooms... I also see early in the AM, Pearl preparing the LVAD Mission Control Center (The Ventricular Assist Program Office) where the VAD Coordinators/NPs work from. This is the very office where the success of the LVAD program at Club Presby begins... where the boots hit the ground running with confidence... Where truly, Amazing things happen... because of the TRULY AMAZING PEOPLE THAT WORK HERE, fight here... for each and every patient.

However on one particular morning, THE MOST amazing thing occurred; as I passed this very VAD office, I saw the door ajar, it began to open, the lights were on and I expected an VAD Coordinator to walk out... but to my surprise... it was Pearl and she had just completed her special touch within the LVAD MISSION CONTROL CENTER.

As it turns out, Pearl's special mission is to have this office FRESH SCENTED, CLEAN and sparkling for the LVAD team who will be working long hours within... 14, 15...16 hour days.  Pearl's desire is to have each occupant of this office to walk in as they begin the day and to feel the freshness and clean ambiance that she aims to achieve each and every day for the beautiful VAD  staff that occupies this office.

BUT WAIT! I haven't gotten to the most "amazing thing" yet! The most amazing thing is that when I saw Pearl walking out from her completed task in making the office a "HAPPY" one, I asked Pearl, what time do you start your shift?  Pearl answered 7am.  I looked over at the wall clock and to my surprise it was was only 6:51am!!!  Proudly   compassionately Pearl gets this office complete and ready to rock even before her shift officially starts.


Yes, one doesn't have to look far, as at COLUMBIA/NYP, AMAZING THINGS CERTAINLY HAPPEN HERE... one person at a time.

1 comments:

  1. ����Pearl is that, a gem, a pearl! She brightens up one's day! ❤️

    ReplyDelete