LVAD... Left Ventricular Assist Device

THIS BLOG POWERED BY THE THORATEC HEARTMATE II LVAD:















PARTIAL HEART PUMP = LEFT VENTRICULAR ASSIST DEVICE = LVAD = THE HEARTMATE II



THE LVAD ALLOWED ME to go HOME and conquer my normal and newest tasks once again.



Thank you Columbia-Presbyterian... Dr Naka and his Surgery Team, LVAD Nation, Dr Bijou & Dr Bonoan, Dr Mascitelli and Dr Shulman-Marcus!!!



AND TO THE SCORES OF PHYSICIANS, NURSES, PROFESSIONALS AND PEOPLE THAT PUSHED ME ALONG THE WAY... FORWARD.



Thank You God For I Am Blessed!







If I Was An LVAD-NASCAR Race CAR

If I Was An LVAD-NASCAR Race CAR
I would look like this :-)

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY LVAD DAILY NEWS AND INFO FEED

23 September 2011

To My Donor Family, THORATEC, THANK YOU... For My 2nd Beautiful Life.

Having an “LVAD Implant” myself and with the notion that this may sound strange to most… I feel that THORATEC is concurrently (as close to being) MY Heart Donor and Donor family. And why not?!?





My Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)… the LVAD, the Heartmate II (HMII) by Thoratec… is born out of Love, passion, dedication, RESPECT and Love for life. The HMII is a the Gift given to folks with end stage heart failure. It is a chance to restore life with quality and stamina; to previous levels or even better… it has for me.

On September 5th, 2011 at Yankee Stadium an LVAD, My LVAD was in attendance.


Is this not what being a donor and donor family is all about too? I say all of this with confidence as I have met with many Thoratec Employees at every level. We’ve exchanged emails and phone calls as well as face to face planned and unplanned meetings, a Company tour of Headquarters and “The Plant” where the Heartmate II is assembled and tested. I even tweet with a few...

Me and my wife, friend and my Caregiver.

Like a caring Family, Thoratec ongoing projects are visionary that constantly update the quality of life for their LVADers now and in the future. Every step of the way, every angle, their daily mission is focused on the NOW and the future. This will ensure the possibility for more folks with End Stage Heart Failure their own re-Birthday, a second chance… Life restored with quality. My LVAD HeartMate II Birthday cake


The Heartmate II constantly gives back to me what my heart attack took away from me. Thank you Thoratec, my donor Family, for my 2nd Beautiful Life. Thank you to all responsible for developing the LVAD throughout history.
(Thoratec, along with every other Medical Device company… is in the business to make money and profit. I do not own $tock in Thoratec nor have any other stock market investments. However, I do want Thoratec and other proven Health Industry manufacturers to be successful and make a profit! Why wouldn’t I? I want them to save even more lives; giving more people that second chance. Sparing families of the immediate loss of a loved one.)



AND THE GOOD SAGA CONTINUES...

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Josh. Wonderful post. Thank you for all you do. Funny thing, although Mike is almost a year out with his heart transplant on Oct. 16, I still and will always think of us as an LVAD family. Even though, he only had the LVAD for a little over two months, it may have been a lifetime, for without it, he would not be here with me today. The LVAD made that posssilbe, and for that, I will be eternally grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very remarkable point of view.

    I love how hard you fight to enjoy life- when so many take it for granted.

    I always got your back bro-

    Frank

    ReplyDelete