LVAD... Left Ventricular Assist Device

THIS BLOG POWERED BY THE THORATEC HEARTMATE II LVAD:















PARTIAL HEART PUMP = LEFT VENTRICULAR ASSIST DEVICE = LVAD = THE HEARTMATE II



THE LVAD ALLOWED ME to go HOME and conquer my normal and newest tasks once again.



Thank you Columbia-Presbyterian... Dr Naka and his Surgery Team, LVAD Nation, Dr Bijou & Dr Bonoan, Dr Mascitelli and Dr Shulman-Marcus!!!



AND TO THE SCORES OF PHYSICIANS, NURSES, PROFESSIONALS AND PEOPLE THAT PUSHED ME ALONG THE WAY... FORWARD.



Thank You God For I Am Blessed!







If I Was An LVAD-NASCAR Race CAR

If I Was An LVAD-NASCAR Race CAR
I would look like this :-)

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY LVAD DAILY NEWS AND INFO FEED

29 September 2010

The General's General, The One You Want Leading The Good Fight For Your Cause.


Margaret Flannery was the first from "LVAD Nation" to meet with me and my wife. With patience Margaret explained in depth about the LVAD implant, the peripheral procedures and testings involved in order to become eligible.

Her confidence, professionalism and approachable demeanor made my decision to trust Columbia Presbyterian Hospital to perform the open heart surgery/LVAD implant very easy. A short time later Margaret made my decision even easier by bringing in Dr Naka, the surgeon who would perform the surgery. Both Dr Naka and Margaret showed me a replica of the HeartMate II LVAD. I was able to hold it and realized that this device would bring back most of the stamina that I had lost. I felt that the 2 of them were the Best of the Best Columbia had to offer.

10 months later, LVAD in place, from the bottom of my LVAD I am thankful that folks like Margaret and Dr Naka are affiliated with Columbia Presbyterian hospital.

And the good saga continues...

0 comments:

Post a Comment